Book Freight Forwarder Online - For Air Freight, Road Freight Or Sea Freight
What Is Freight Forwarding?
Freight forwarding is managing a collection of goods from a manufacturer or a supplier and getting it delivered to the individual or business. The freight forwarding organise the logistics in order to get the goods delivered to the business. This can be done by air freight, road freight and sea freight.
What is a freight forwarder?
Benefits Of Using A Freight Forwarder For Import/Export
There are many benefits of using a freight forwarder. The following advantageous will explain why a business will decide to use a freight forwarder:
- Save time and money: Rather than focusing on the logistics side of the business. A external logistics company like Smile Cargo can help getting goods delivered with customs clearance with cost effective methods. Hence instead it saves time and money for the business. Especially if you are importing or exporting high value goods or goods in bulk quantity.
- Freight forwarder can help with other services: A good freight forwarder can not only get your goods delivered but can help you with other services as well. This includes: shipment insurance, customs clearance, import and export documentations in other countries, storage, packaging and haulage to your customers.
- The expertise and knowledge: A freight forwarder will bring his/her expertise and this can be beneficial and cost for importing or exporting goods. Smile Cargo provides knowledge with experience that will help with freight forwarding in UK or outside. We will also provide you with competitive pricing for cargo insurance, logistics or haulage to other businesses, customs clearance and help with packaging. Whether you are booking a container and sending via air freight, road freight and sea freight.
FAQ's Regarding Freight Forwarding
For each type of service there will be different documents provided by your logistics company. The following documents can be provided:
- air waybill - for air freight
- bill of lading - for sea freight
- CMR consignment note - for road freight
It is the responsibility of the freight forwarder to provide you the documentations.
According to Exporting Is Great the advantageous of using freight forwarding companies are:
- Get your goods customs cleared with import duty settlement and shipping documents settled
- Give advise on a country’s rules and regulations
- Book the best and cost effective method using several different transport methods for a shipment
- Negotiate freight charges on behalf of the business
- Book cargo insurance
- Manage any spare cargo space (you will save money if you consolidate your shipments)
- Help with packaging goods for export (this requires specialist knowledge)
- Help with import or exports of dangerous goods
This guide by Health and Safety Executive explains in detail which flammable items are classified as dangerous. In additions explains the implications of them.